22 April 2008

Who Supported You???


today is my 37th day off…
a few minutes ago, I was thinking…
about the reading habit among Malaysian…
I just want to take one type of book that are getting more popular nowadays as an example…
novel…
it seems that today, many people like to read novels…
including myself…
I've just read a few posts from a few blogs regarding reading novel…
there's one thing that I can summarized after reading their entry…
not all parents like their children to read novel…


I'm glad that my parents supported me…
one thing that I still remembered until today…
since I was in standard 1, that was in 1995…
when there's a bookfair (don't think like KLIBF, that's way too big) at my school…
my mother (usually, sometimes with my father because he was working) will accompany me to buy story books…
although I don't buy a lot of books at the bookfair but because there's a lot of kids' book publisher, we're actually have about 3-4 bookfair a year…
so, for 5 consecutive years studying at same school, I've bought quite a lot of books actually…
but then, how can I have the interest to read novel???


it's started when I've finished my SPM 05…
after passed my driving test, (I'm taking both car and motorcycle licence, I know some can't believe it), I'm kind a bit bored…
furthermore, my parents didn't allow me to go and look for a job (and I'm glad they did because I wasn't thinking of working at all)…
I told my mother about it…
later, she took me to Harfa (the most famous bookstore in Kulim, that's what I said)…
I look around and then decided to buy "Bagaikan Puteri", by Ramlee Awang Murshid…
after finished reading it, I look for a new novel…
I don't actually have the right numbers of novel that I own right now…
because recently, I bought 4 new novels and I didn't include these in my list yet…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment